After reading this list, many people will retort: “But no country is perfect!” I agree. Not only is there no such thing as a perfect country, there is not even such a thing as a free country. Unfortunately, the whole world has been poisoned by the disease of collectivism where people believe their rights are derived from the groups they belong to rather than their individual humanity…However, few countries are as un-free as the United States.
Get out now. Do not do like I did and wait until you are too old to make stating all over virtually impossible and, therefore, become doomed to die in place at the hand of some faceless costumed government thug. – jtl, 419
[Editor’s Note: The following post is by TDV contributor, Jay Fonseca]
This will be the fourth consecutive emigration of the last three generations of my immediate family. My grandparents emigrated from Portugal to Mozambique during the 1940s and 50s in search of a better life. The massive and undeveloped colony seemed like the land of milk and honey for those willing to get their hands dirty. A few decades later my parents-to-be immigrated to South Africa as Mozambique headed towards what would become a 10-year war for independence. Then when I was just 4 years old they decided that a fascist state fully enveloped with the evils of apartheid was no place to raise a child. My mother was fortunate enough to get a work visa into the United States and that’s where we’ve been ever since.
Now the time has come for me to follow in my family’s footsteps. Maybe it’s in our blood to not only yearn for change but to have the fortitude to go out into the unknown in search of it. But this time something is different. I’m leaving the United States of America, the shining city on the hill; a land where millions of people try to enter each year, often at great risk.
Upon learning of my wife and my decision to leave our friends, family, great jobs, and fantastic home, everyone immediately asks us: Why? It’s such a painfully awkward question to answer. How could the answer be anything but obvious? That said, we learned our lesson early and have stopped telling people the truth behind our exodus. Instead we’ve been answering with generic statements like “Oh, just for a change of pace” or “We’ve always wanted to experience another culture.”
I’m tired of holding my tongue. It’s not healthy to keep so much bottled up inside and it’s even more painful to watch those closest to me living a most ignorant and animal-like existence. So here are our real, unfiltered, and honest reasons for fleeing the land of the free.
2. Privacy is dead. If the NSA wants my phone and email communications then I’m going to make them jump through some geopolitical hoops. Where I’m going you can buy a cellphone at any gas station anonymously and without a contract.
3. The Patriot Act.
4. I’m tired of having the fruit of my labor stolen from me each year.
a. List Of Taxes Paid By Americans
5. Travel in America.
a. TSA Goons
6. I’m scared of the police and would never call them for fear of my own family’s safety.
g. I could post a million of these.
7. I love my dog.
e. Again, I could post a million of these.
9. The US doesn’t negotiate with terrorists; it simply ruins every aspect of daily life in order to deal with them. I’m moving to a peaceful country that has never attacked another nation and doesn’t have to worry about revenge for collateral damage.
b. Noam Chomsky On 9/11 Theories
c. Collateral Murder
10. Free Market Capitalism is a necessary condition for freedom.
a. I, Pencil
b. The Free Market Has Been Framed
c. Surrounded By The Achievements Of Capitalism (If you don’t have time to watch the entire talk, jump to 19:23 for one of the best moments ever in an economics lecture.)
d. America Is Fascist
12. False Flags, Lies, or Extreme Ineptitude as a justification for war and the confiscation of liberty.
b. 9/11 Truth
c. Lies of the Iraq War
13. The Federal Reserve is the most evil institution on the planet.
b. Hidden Secrets Of Money
c, The FED Unspun
d. War and the FED
14. A major financial crisis is on the horizon.
16. The incestuous relationship between “too big to fail” corporations and the state.
b. Monsanto, FDA, & EPA
17. American citizens are being assassinated by the president without any judicial review.
18. Conscription has no place in a free society.
19. The dollars has lost 95% of its value in the last 100 years. I’m not waiting around for the other
5% to run its course.
a. Inflation Calculator
b. The Record Of The Federal Reserve
20. The judicial system is a farce.
21. The suspension of Habeus Corpus.
22. Americans worship villains like gods.
a. The Real Lincoln
b. Lincoln The Racist
d. Recarving Rushmore
23. The military industrial complex and the incessant beating of the war drums.
a. Eisenhower’s Warning
b. Timeline Of United States Military Operations c.
c. The Truth About How the US Will Save Syria
25. The Police State.
b. Towns Don’t Need Tanks
26. The overwhelming idiocy of everyone around me.
27. “Support The Troops”
28. The Main Stream Media is pure propaganda.
c. Conan O’Brien May Be About to Push The Envelope
30. There are more Americans in jail than there were in Stalin’s Gulag Archipelago
31. Truth Is Treason In The Empire Of Lies.
32. The Keynesian economists in charge have no idea what they are doing and those with a track record of correctly predicting economic events continue to be ignored.
b. Ben Bernanke Was Wrong
c. Janet Yellen Exposed
d. Austrian Predictions
f. Ron Paul Predicts The Housing Collapse
33. I received a fraudulent education in government schools and am now being forced to overpay for other innocent children to receive the same indoctrination.
a. Stupid In America
35. The War on Guns.
36. The War on Drugs
c. Penn & Teller: The War On Drugs – Bullshit!
38. Democracy is no longer a four letter word.
39. The Epidemic Of Envy.
a. Self-Entitled Monsters
43. The Walls Are Closing In.
44. Political Correctness and the Racism Card.
c. The Race Card
45. The Welfare State and the Vice of Charity.
a. The State Against Blacks
d. Doug Casey on Charities
46. Items 1-45 are horrible. Being forced to pay for them is unbearable.
After reading this list, many people will retort: “But no country is perfect!” I agree. Not only is there no such thing as a perfect country, there is not even such a thing as a free country. Unfortunately, the whole world has been poisoned by the disease of collectivism where people believe their rights are derived from the groups they belong to rather than their individual humanity.
However, few countries are as un-free as the United States. While I may never be able to escape this entire list I’ve managed to find a place where most of these grievances do not exist and where many of the rest have been significantly marginalized. Perhaps even more importantly, I’ve found a place that suits me and makes me happy. And if that ever changes then it will be time to continue on with the family tradition.
To those who dismiss me as a coward and believe that I should stay and fight: I have no quarrel with you. The decision to put your life and your family’s wellbeing in danger is one that each person must make for themselves. I don’t think this machine can be stopped by bullets or by ballot boxes nor by petitions or protests. I wish you well and will support you from abroad but I don’t believe in participating in a fight that can be avoided.
Like love, true freedom is a goal worth a lifetime of pursuit and sacrifice even if only to experience it for a mere moment. We are long past the point of inconveniences and small erosions of liberty. Today, the choice is between slavery and freedom. I’m leaving.
Jay Fonseca is a Dollar Vigilante contributor and modern day Renaissance man; always learning a new skill, cultivating a different interest, and searching for untapped opportunities. He comes from a long line of immigrants and has chosen to follow in their footsteps. Unwilling to cope with the anti-capitalist environment and dangers of the USSA, emigration has allowed Jay to pursue his ventures in freer markets alongside freer peoples.
Books by Dr. Jimmy T. (Gunny) LaBaume
The Betrayed: On Warriors, Cowboys and Other Misfits. Click here to buy the paperback version from Land & Livestock International’s Rancher Supply aStore.
To purchase an autographed copy of the book Click Here
Planned Grazing: A Study Guide and Reference Manual by Jimmy T (Gunny) LaBaume.
This guide is a detailed book review of sorts, but perhaps it would be more accurately described as an abstract that condenses 864 pages of detail into 189 pages of concentrated information. No more excuses for failing to properly plan your grazing. The booklet is available from Amazon.com in both soft cover and Kendall versions. Click here.
A Handbook for Ranch Managers A Comprehensive Reference Manual for Managing the Working Ranch. Click here to buy the paperback version from Land & Livestock International’s Rancher Supply aStore.
Digital media products such as Kindle can only be purchased on Amazon.com. Click Here to buy the Kendall Version on Amazon.com
To purchase an autographed copy of the book Click Here