by — Franklin Sanders, The Moneychanger
Here’s my speculation I promised y’all yesterday. Speculation, remember, not a prophecy.
The bankers can have only be one endgame for this inflationary blowoff: return to some gold-plated standard, to restore confidence & retain banker control. This will be accompanied by crisis & by self-righteous posturing galore about “sound money,” and a “generous” write-down of debt, but no real reform or loss of power to the banks.
Similar strategy played out after the War for Southern Independence. Since the financial elite then were net bond holders — bonds they had bought with depreciated greenbacks at 50 cents on the dollar of gold — they pursued a deflationary policy the rest of the century, which made their bonds & the interest rise in value. Having ridden that horse into the ground, they reversed course into inflation with the Federal Reserve (no big government or big wars without a central bank).
Now they’ve ridden the inflation horse nearly into the ground, so it will soon be time to reverse course again. Oh, not yet. Things aren’t bad enough yet, but when they get bad enough our Masters will again pose as our Benefactors and fight the good fight for sound money against those inflationary dogs & swine.
But not yet. Not yet. The inflation must get much worse first, it must evaporate more debt, the public pain and clamor must grow until the poor tortured people will accept any remedy put forth just to end the agony.
THIS is why you should buy gold and silver, so that across even the deepest abyss of financial catastrophe you will be able to carry your capital, and re-build on the other side. I’ll bet that’s what the Elite are already doing. [End of speculation]
- Greenspan: Role Of Central Bankers Is to Try to Replicate the Stability of the Gold Standard (jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com)
- 5 reasons why US States are keen to return to sound money (therealasset.co.uk)
- Stagflation & Gold – Match Made in Heaven (theburningplatform.com)
- Bernanke-Haters at the Sohn Conference (delong.typepad.com)
- Gold Coin Exec Calls PBS’ “One Safe Investment” Editorial “Misleading” (prweb.com)
- Physical Gold Responds to Lower Gold Prices (prweb.com)
- The Principle of Sound Money (flyoverpress.wordpress.com)
- Inflation is Inevitable But its the Interest Rates We Better Watch (armstrongeconomics.com)
- Welcome to the New International Currency – the Dollar (armstrongeconomics.com)