by Claire Wolfe via Living Freedom<!–at by –>
With the veritable plethora* of scandals abounding now in Obama’s DC, it’s fun wondering which will become the Scandal du Jour — that is, the one that’ll last more than a week.
No, the scandal that lasts won’t be the horrendous treatment of prisoners in Gitmo or the slaughter of children via drones. Though both are outrages of war-crime proportions, those are just the usual ho-hummers. No doubt most Americans wish more furrin’ kids would be blown to smithereens and would rejoice if everybody in Gitmo were waterboarded six times a day.
Will the lasting scandal be Benghazi? Probably not. Too “Fox-ish” to grow any real media legs. The best we can hope for from that one is that it’ll keep Hillary out of the White House in 2016.
A lot of people are betting that the Justice (sic) Department’s secret wholesale seizure of AP’s phone records will be The One. Goring the media’s ox does tend to be a really, really bad idea — but that’s usually done only by Republicans. It’ll be fun to watch the MSM twist itself into a pretzel. (“How can we kiss Obama’s butt at the same time we’re screaming in his face that he’s raping the Bill of Rights?”)
My personal favorite Scandal of the Week, though, is the IRS targeting “patriot” and “tea party” non-profits with wink, wink, nod, nod no political intent. Sure, that’s also probably too Foxy for the MSM to care about. (Because nobody has yet noticed any group with “Progressive” in its name going under extra IRS scrutiny.)
But you know, it’s been a long, loooong time since we’ve watched the IRS get kicked around. And heaven knows it deserves it, based on its lifelong status as a political tool alone. (Beyond that, we could count the ways …)
So I’m rooting for that one to become the next Whatevergate. How about you?
* I’ve always wanted an excuse to say veritable plethora about something; finally got my chance.
- Breaking: Abc Says White House Authorized Irs-gate Political Enemy Scandal (libertynews.com)
- Some light ScandalGate™(1) diversion [Purp] (minx.cc)
- Alec Baldwin Blames IRS ‘Scandal’ on ‘Rovian’ Politics (breitbart.com)
- An Interview With Barack Obama About The IRS Scandal, AP Phone Records And Benghazi (silveristhenew.com)
- GUEST POST: IRS Scandal: Why you should be outraged (jthmishmash.com)
- White House reels from 3 scandals (bostonherald.com)
- IRS, civil liberties scandals could cloud Obama’s second term (posttrib.suntimes.com)
- IRS Scandal’s Central Figure, Lois Lerner, Described as ‘Apolitical’ – The Daily Beast (tribalgirl64.newsvine.com)
- How High Up Does This Go? New Report Implicates Washington Officials in IRS Scandal (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)